Set up CNAME get error msg: An A, AAAA or CNAME record already exists with that host. (Code: 81053)

This is my first Cloud fare URL. When I tried to create CNAME I kept getting that error msg. This is a new never used domain. How can CNAME already exist with Groove? In trying to solve the issue I deleted the CNAME record from the list. I have no idea what to do. I want a CNAME @ host10.groovepages.com

When Cloudflare scans your DNS records to add that domain to Cloudflare, it may have picked up that hostname and added it as an “A” or “CNAME” record. You need to delete that incorrect record so you can add that CNAME record.

Thanks sdayman. So you’re saying I should remove the data in the A record. Right now there is an ip address which doesn’t take me anywhere.

Unfortunately I deleted the CNAME record so there no longer is one. I thought I could replace it but, clicking new record does not work. If I log out and back in will it recreate a CNAME record? Or is there something else I should do.?

You will need to add the necessary records manually. Whatever your provider/host tells you is what you need to add.

Thanks, I logged out and back in and was able to recreate a CNAME record and delete the A. Really appreciate your help
Barry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.