Set up a partial (CNAME) zone

Answer these questions to help the Community help you get started.

What is the domain name?
healthcheack.com.au

Have you searched for an answer?
Yes

Please share your search results url:
https://developers.cloudflare.com/dns/zone-setups/partial-setup/setup/#:~:text=A%20partial%20(%20CNAME%20)%20setup%20allows,change%20your%20authoritative%20DNS%20provider.

When you tested your domain using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center, what were the results?

Describe the issue you are having:
I have hostzone on AWS rout53. I have added my domain to Cloudflare (Business Plan) as i want to use the option for a partial zone and not to change my name server on Rout53. I have followed the instructions and got my domain active by placing a verification TxT in rout53. Now i wanted to subdomain to be proxied by Cloudflare. As instructed i have deleted the existing record for that subdomain from rout53 and replaced it with a CNAME as the following healthchecks.example.com. cdn.cloudflare.net. In Cloudflare i have added CNAME healthchecks value @. Im getting error 1016. Can someone help please?

What error message or number are you receiving?

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. change CNAME
  2. check SSL
  3. Check Rout53 setup

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
Yes

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Yes

If you have a business plan, then you have access to live support chat. That will be quicker to resolve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.