Service Temporarily Unavailable

Request blocked by Cloudflare from Vercel to sub-domain that is proxied
Here are the details for the issue
I am trying to build the graphql code with Next.js and getting below error

Error occurred prerendering page "/blog". Read more: https://nextjs.org/docs/messages/prerender-error Error: Failed to fetch API at fetchAPI (/vercel/path0/.next/server/pages/blog.js:205:15) at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5) at async getAllPostsForHome (/vercel/path0/.next/server/pages/blog.js:241:18) at async getStaticProps (/vercel/path0/.next/server/pages/blog.js:581:22) at async renderToHTML (/vercel/path0/node_modules/next/dist/server/render.js:390:20) at async /vercel/path0/node_modules/next/dist/export/worker.js:260:36 at async Span.traceAsyncFn (/vercel/path0/node_modules/next/dist/trace/trace.js:79:20)

Response from server:

Response { size: 0, timeout: 0, [Symbol(Body internals)]: { body: PassThrough { _readableState: [ReadableState], _events: [Object: null prototype], _eventsCount: 5, _maxListeners: undefined, allowHalfOpen: true, [Symbol(kCapture)]: false, [Symbol(kCallback)]: null }, disturbed: false, error: null }, [Symbol(Response internals)]: { url: 'https://example.com/graphql', status: 503, statusText: 'Service Temporarily Unavailable', headers: Headers { [Symbol(map)]: [Object: null prototype] }, counter: 0 } }

May I ask if you’re using Cloudflare Pages too or rather not?

May I ask if you’re using an A or CNAME type of the DNS record for that particular sub-domain hostname on Vercel? :thinking:

Furthermore, the DNS hostname at DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard is set to :orange: and proxied?

Is that sub-domain like sub.example.com or rather a deep one like sub.sub.example.com? :thinking: I wonder if we might have a case where a sub-domain would also bee too deep.

I wonder if anything changes when you temporary switch it to :grey: (DNS-only), wait for few minutes then refresh a webpage (F5) in your Web browser or try using a different web browser?

Regarding 503, may I ask what steps for troubleshooting have you tried from the article below?:

I’d just like to share few articles from below for any further case, which might help us here a bit:

1. Not using Cloudflare pages
  2. Using A record for sub-domain & CNAME and A record for Vercel
  3. This error is when it is set to proxied and working fine without proxy
  4. It’s sub domain with application hosted on VM

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.