Service account for CI/CD. ?Email invitation?

Hello,

I am trying to create a “service account” as per the recommendation here: Managing API Tokens and Keys – Cloudflare Help Center

Question 1: is there a place where I can create a service account.

Question 2: Since I could not find a section for “service account” in the dashboard I thought of the following workaround: I’ll invite a new member called “cicd” to the account and allocate the relevant tokens for CI/CD automation from that user.

In order to save money, (i.e. not pay for another real account in Google business) I created an alias on a real account and I am trying to send an invitation to that alias. For some reason the email is never received. (I tested the alias and it does work)
Is there some kind of limitation on the member emails which I am not aware of?

Thanks for your suggestions

I admit, I don’t quite understand what they’re trying to say.

Are you using a Multi-User setup? If so, my theories are two:

1. Set up another guest user with Administrator Privileges (Not Super-Admin) who can generate these tokens. I don’t know why they would recommend against just doing it youserlf.
  2. Create a token that lets someone else generate tokens (sounds ridiculous, but it’s in the list)

If this doesn’t help, I guess you’ll have to open a ticket, post the number here, then let us know how this turns out.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.