Server too far?

Hi There, I am a PH customer and I can see that there are MNL and there is another server at CEB but unfortunately what I am connected with is at JP. Is this an ISP related or Cloudflare related, can you also confirm with my ISP?

Debug Information

It’s ISP related. Their connection to the rest of the world is quicker to JP than to MNL.

:wave: @jeian.nueva,

Cloudflare is an anycast network, so their routing decisions are controlled by peering relationships with local ISPs and telcos. You can encourage your ISP to peer directly with Cloudflare here: https://www.cloudflare.com/peering-policy/ and the linked peering DB can give you some idea of where your provider(s) are peering today.

Salamat,
-OG

Thanks everyone. Will contact ISP and will have this linked.

@OliverGrant, Thanks for the information. I have seen based on bgp routes online that my ISP (Converge ICT Inc. / Comclark) has a direct peering with Cloudflare. I also believe they had already sent my request to the concerned department but I am on residential plan; and I haven’t recieved any feedback on them about this.

However, I would appreciate if anyone from Cloudflare would do some nudging on them. Thanks!