Server side tagging - Cloudflare obfuscates geolocation?

Hello, I was wondering, have any of you set up Server Side Tagging in Google Tag Manager?

I am receiving a geolocation issue here. First I used the Google’s App Engine domain.

Through this setup, I received the following information in my HTTP requests with correct values:

• X-Appengine-Country
  • X-Appengine-City
  • X-Forwarded-For
  • X-Appengine-User-Ip

But now, since I linked my own sub domain to run everything in first party context, the values of these data aren’t right anymore. For some reason the X-Appengine-User-Ip uses the second value of X-Forwarded-For (and not the first anymore).

Any tips on how I can fix this? I already tried the ip_override option, but Google doesn’t allow this at this point.

Thanks!

Would they let you use another header?

Hi Sdayman, thanks for your response!

At this moment I can’t use the CF geolocation header because Google always attempt to just use the regular IP headers (Forwarded, X-Forwarded-For). For that reason I can’t use the ip_override (with CF geolocation as request variable).

Hi Sdayman, thanks for your response!

At this moment I can’t use the CF geolocation header because Google always attempt to just use the regular IP headers (Forwarded, X-Forwarded-For). For that reason I can’t use the ip_override (with CF geolocation as request variable).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.