Server Error: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure

The site lmii.com is working fine with the SSL certificate, but I have a module on my site that contacts fedex using php culrl. Fedex is rejecting our connection requests with the above error. I have tracked it down to the Cloudflare certificate for this site. If I bypass Cloudflare everything works fine, if I turn it on, it fails.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

While FedEx themselves aren’t on Cloudflare, read here for why SSLv3 is being turned off on nearly every website:

Try updating your PHP version to a version that supports at least TLS 1.0 (TLS 1.2 would be best).

If you get an error when connecting to FedEx, how is it of relevance what certificate you have on your end?

Judge,

Thanks. I will try this. I was on 7.1, I tried 7.2, I will give 7.3 a try.

sandro,

It is relevant to the certificate on my end because, from my understanding, when I am connecting to fedex’s webservice via php curl, they check the certificate that they are talking to and when I am using the CloudFlare produced cert, it is refusing to talk to my server. When I by pass CloudFlare and use the cert from LetsEncrypt on my host machine, it works without issue.

No, when you connect they do not check any of the certificates you are referring to. That configuration is irrelevant.

sandro,

Thanks for your input. I will try Judge’s suggestions, as they seem to be helping.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.