Server connection - max connections reached - information page / waiting room

dear community,

is there a possibility to activate the waiting room (or a custome message) if the server drops the max connections?

before i subscriped cloudflare, our server (on peak times) closes the connection (browser connection aborted).

can i let write here a message that the customer dont get a blank “connection reset page” rather a website from cloudflare “with custome html - server currently overloaded”.

im using a default configured apach 2.4 webserver with php fpm and php 7.4.
or should i increase the values in /etc/apache2/mods-available/mpm_worker.conf

thank you so much

To learn more about waiting rooms visit https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061431012-Cloudflare-Waiting-Room-Frequently-asked-questions

Thank you , but is this that feature i need? i dont know on how much current connections my apache server dont allows new connections.

thank you

Waiting Room is only available on Business ($200/month) and Enterprise (way more than $200/month) plans. It’s the only feature here I’m aware of with a nice “Please Wait” type of screen.

What’s the max # of connections your server can handle?

dear sdayman,

thank you for your reply.

my default config was:

StartServers 2
MinSpareThreads 25
MaxSpareThreads 75
ThreadLimit 64
ThreadsPerChild 25
MaxRequestWorkers 150
MaxConnectionsPerChild 0

now i have changed to that:

ServerLimit 250
StartServers 10
MinSpareThreads 75
MaxSpareThreads 250
ThreadLimit 64
ThreadsPerChild 32
MaxRequestWorkers 8000
MaxConnectionsPerChild 10000

but i have dont know if the server can handle up to 8000 conncetions.

did you have a idea how i can test that? that i can then maybe adjust these settings?

thank you

the business package i have buyed.

many greets

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.