Server 520 Error

Hello,

I am receiving a 520 Error and it says the Server Host is offlline but it’s not, I can put a VPN on and the website is still active and working.

However, when accessed from a UK connection it reports my server is offline, what could cause this? It happens once a day for around 5-10 minutes.

Kind Regards

Hi @NathanK45,

Error 520 is essentially a catch-all response when something unexpected happens or when the origin server incorrectly interprets or does not tolerate a request due to a protocol violation or an empty response. A 520 error occurs when the connection started on the origin web server, but that the request was not completed. The most common reason why this would occur is that either a program, cron job, or resource is taking up more resources than it should causing the server not to be able to respond to all requests properly.

This #CommunityTip should help you work it out:

If that’s the case why would it work again on a VPN? It seems to be UK based Cloudflare servers having issues for me

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.