Send/Receive error in Microsoft Outlook 2016

I’ve applied Cloudflare CDN for my Website and connected my webmail with Outlook 2016 to read and reply emails with the config. provided by my Cpanel.

Before using Cloudflare CDN I had no issues but after implementing CND I’m having trouble sending/receiving email in my outlook.

#Error message in Outlook send/receive tab

Task '[email protected] - Receiving ’ reported error (0x80042108):Outlook cannot connect to your (POP3) email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or internet service provider (ISP)

So I should put IP address provided my Cloudflare in my Incoming & Outgoing settings ?

It looks like your mail and smtp subdomains are both set to :orange:. Try setting ‘mail’ to :grey:. That should be enough, but both really should be using :grey: records.

Changed CNAME of mail from :orange: to :grey: still error in receiving email. Does it takes time to take an effect ?

Oh…it’s a CNAME…which points to a hostname that’s set to :orange:. Change ‘mail’ to an “A” record with the IP address of the server. Or is there already an “A” record for ‘mail’? It looks like there is. But don’t use a CNAME.

There’s only CNAME for mail no A record. And it won’t let me add A record for mail.

What error is it showing when you try to add an A record?

A CNAME already exists with that host. (Code: 81054)

Tried to add A record with name mail

Get rid of the CNAME first.

Deleted CNAME and added A record for mail. Should if go fine now ?