Send email from Gmail, send on behalf of

First off I see this [SOLVED] Email Routing: Send Mail As - #6 by Fanatique
and
I need to set up SPF on my domain to send emails with Gmail, not receive - Google Cloud Help

Question: I am trying to send emails from my personal gmail account using my domain that is hosted on Cloudflare. (not as an alias). I am able to receive emails ok. This is the important spf dns record I think v=spf1 include:_spf.mx.cloudflare.net v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all

On the gmail side when try to add another email address on the send on behalf of the last prompt is asking for a password. Of course there is no email account on Cloudflare.

What can I do to my Cloudflare account to send of behalf of?
Or is this something I should be asking google/gmail?
Thank you for your advice

Cloudflare does not provide an outbound mail service so you would need to send with a different SMTP server. If you are using Google for that then it’s something best to clarify with them but I’m sure there are plenty of tutorials on sending mail from a custom email with Gmail.

Hi @timatim ,

As said by @domjh Cloudflare does not provide an outbound mail service so you would need to send with a different SMTP server

You are definitely doing that wrong

First this to work you need to have a gmail account such as [email protected](just example) then follow these steps

1.You need to go to Gmail Settings or Simply Click Here - Gmail
2.Create an App Password or Simply Click Here -Sign in - Google Accounts select password type as mail
3. Click on the Add Address

4.Enter the email you want to add such as [email protected] which you have set up in Cloudflare email forwarding !
5.Enter the password you have created in App Password
6.You will receive OTP to the destination address in Cloudflare
7.There you will see a from select the mail you want to send email !
8.You are all set !

Yea there a lot, Some of them are here ! - How to use Gmail's "Send Mail As" with your Custom Domain - YouTube
How to setup free Google SMTP Server | working example - YouTube

Hope this helps you

Have a great day !

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.