Self-authenticate using your own domain for Constant Contact

I have added the required DNS records recommend by Constant Contact but continue to receive the following error within Constant Contact:

i have replaced our actual domain name with domainname below.

CNAME authentication for domainname.com

PENDING

Expected CNAME ctct1._domainkey.domainname.com was not found. If you have already entered the CNAME record with your DNS provider, make sure it matches the expected results.

Ensure the CNAME is set to “DNS only” and not “Proxied”.

Otherwise, what is the domain?

Thank you. I had it set to proxied and just changed it to DNS only. I will let you know shortly.

are you asking for my actual domain?

If you still have problems after changing to “DNS only”, then the CNAME can be checked if you give your domain.

Expected CNAME ctct1._domainkey.channel-innovations.com was not found. If you have already entered the CNAME record with your DNS provider, make sure it matches the expected results.

CNAME authentication for channel-innovations.com

Pending

• sync iconCheck DNS status

It resolves ok…

dig +short ctct1._domainkey.channel-innovations.com txt
100._domainkey.dkim1.ccsend.com.
"k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAioFGS8vkBF265WZieG2yToNk56r2BIlBW8z90zYiV5jyYQIzbz0heKB1pCgZ3qU6WWyRPI6/A1" "Y/lFc7754y3WpIK9d9Pa57mg79CxqOURkTQ23pPK/M+6iquuP6gT+LvxqwhF4upMXkc/4lx3k+OhUe5qCCX4LG3uhelCtZMXnndxea/ulrDuRiu6oMim1JydkGyHD5n" "g9IQ2F3CvE2TELr4NYRChyBIigMugmHqb3SJJCiC8qBHGN7d5kHbT9lFGHSAkanzc8sLOV5A6nw4n/FozSUletuseBHJpjdLBNZ48aShebPurBo5ieMNF7Z81D56BGu" "SfgtG4EfZriSDQIDAQAB"

okay, thank you very much. maybe it is just going to take time to propagate back to constant contact.

1 Like

It just worked. Definitely changing from Proxy to DNS solved the problem. Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.