Seeking Permanent Fix for PHP 8.2.7+ Deprecation Notices in Cloudflare WordPress Plugin

Hi everyone,

I’ve noticed that the Cloudflare WordPress plugin is generating deprecation notices with PHP versions higher than 8.2.7. This issue has been documented in a ticket on WordPress for about 6 months (Need Fix | Deprecation Notices | PHP 8.2.7 | WordPress.org), but it seems to persist despite recent updates.

For reference, here are the specific deprecation notices I’ve encountered:

PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property CF\WordPress\DataStore::$logger is deprecated in /wp-content/plugins/cloudflare/src/WordPress/DataStore.php on line 23

PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property CF\WordPress\Proxy::$pluginAPI is deprecated in /httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/cloudflare/src/WordPress/Proxy.php on line 31

I’ve been addressing these notices with temporary fixes after each update, but a permanent solution from the development team would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has suggestions on the best way to bring this to the developers’ attention or if there’s a more direct channel for reporting such issues, I’d be grateful to learn about it.

Thank you for your support!

Have you looked for open issues on GitHub?

Hi @epic.network,

Thank you for your suggestion. I followed your advice and checked GitHub, and indeed, there’s an open issue that matches the problem: GitHub Issue Link.

However, it appears that this issue, similar to the ticket on WordPress, hasn’t seen any activity or resolution from the developers. Both the GitHub repository and the WordPress forum thread seem to be lacking active engagement from the plugin’s development team.

I’m wondering if anyone here has any direct contacts with the plugin developers or knows of an alternative channel through which I can escalate this issue.

I don’t expect escalation to be taken over PHP deprecation notices. I concur that they are rather annoying, but they don’t actually break anything. The fact that the issue exists and is open is a good sign that it will be addressed in due time. The ratio of open to closed issues on GitHub also supports that notion.

You could join the Cloudflare Developers Discord and see if anyone there has any ideas.

Great news: the issue with the Cloudflare WordPress plugin generating deprecation notices for PHP versions higher than 8.2.7 has just been resolved! This fix was included in the very recent release of Version 4.12.4.

I want to extend a huge thank you to whoever saw our discussion and addressed this so promptly!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.