Seeking Help: Issues Uploading Videos to WordPress Due to Cloudflare CDN

Hello everyone, I am new to this community and I am happy to have joined. I hope you can help me with my problem.

I am trying to upload video files to my WordPress website, but without success. I have already contacted the server provider to understand what the problem might be. We conducted several tests, including changing browsers, deactivating all plugins to check for potential conflicts, etc. We realized that the problem stems from Cloudflare’s CDN, but I can’t figure out what’s causing it and consequently how to adjust the settings so that this does not happen. Thank you very much in advance to anyone who can lend a hand.

Hi,

Please visit your website and perform the action that would normally result in a request being blocked. Make sure you have Developer Tools open (F12).

If the file upload is blocked with a 403 status code:

1. Wait a few minutes
  2. Go to Dashboard > Security > Events. If the request was in fact blocked by Cloudflare, you should find an event related to that block action. Depending on your site traffic, you may need to filter by IP address, User Agent, URI Path, etc. to find it. Check the “Service” that blocked it.
  3. If this was
    a) Bot Fight Mode, disable this feature.
    b) Super Block Fight Mode, create a WAF Custom Rule to Skip it for the specific situation, with relevant conditions such as the URI Path and the visitor’s IP, for example;
    c) WAF Managed Rule, you need to create a WAF Exception for that rule. See: Add a WAF exception in the dashboard · Cloudflare Web Application Firewall (WAF) docs
    d) WAF Custom Rule, you need to edit it accordingly.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.