SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER certificate issue

Hello,

For context, I am very new to this whole, registering and setting up a domain, so please be patient with me! I have my domain registered and setup in what I believe to be the correct way, however, I am getting the subject error regarding my Cloudfare issued SSL certificate. The CAA for my cert is Let’s Encrypt, which seems to be common? I read on the report from SSL Labs that I may need to add a CAA DNS record for lets encrypt, and I’ve done that (I wasn’t sure which tag to use, so I chose “Only allow specific hostnames”), but I’m still getting the error.

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated!

If you got an origin certificate, then it is only good between your origin server and Cloudflare. You need to make your DNS record :orange: and then it should work.

Thanks for the response @Cyb3r-Jak3!

Do you mean change the proxy setting on my A records? Right now I have it set for DNS only, see below.

@Cyb3r-Jak3 That seemed to do the trick! https is working correctly with no errors. Thank you so much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.