Safe to leave caching enabled for Wordpress admin?

Hey all,

I’ve read quite a few threads / articles on this but haven’t been able to get a definitive answer. I know I need to make sure wp-admin isn’t falling under a “cache everything” rule but other than that, can I leave regular caching, rocket loader etc on? The dashboard is faster when it’s on and I’ve got clients that regularly work from their dashboards (eg. entering customer notes or manual Woocommerce orders etc). The extra snappiness makes a big difference to them.

I’ve tried just about every admin page and button and they all work fine. Are there any gotchas I need to be aware of or other reasons why this is a bad idea?

Cheers!

Default caching is safe. Only when you start mucking with a Cache Everything Page Rule does it get tricky with WordPress.

1 Like

Cool, thank you. That’s what I’m seeing in testing too.

1 Like

I have a page rule with settings Rocket Loader OFF and Disable Apps for the /wp-admin* area. Rocket Loader interferes with WPBakery, aka Visual Composer (as well as, we’ve been told many times here on the forum, Elementor.)

I disable apps because one of my apps blocks part of the visible area and it’s just annoying to have it on top of elements that need editing.

But every WP site has a different set of components. If your site does not need any plugin or other component that clashes with Rocket Loader, I see no reason to turn it off. And of course the same is true for enabling/disabling apps.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Topic still active, can close manually later! :slight_smile: