Run AutoSSL encountered an error

Can’t get the Run AutoSSL to complete properly. I get messages like this

DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.highlinedevworks.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=6DSUmpgDo_WxRKgGyOCqwKEvm1szlBXdlBLUkxquIOUJAOrnBGwLSIkjXq2fhJYu”.; HTTP DCV: “cPanel (powered by Sectigo)” forbids DCV HTTP redirections.

or…

DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.highlinedevworks.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=6DSUmpgDo_WxRKgGyOCqwKEvm1szlBXdlBLUkxquIOUJAOrnBGwLSIkjXq2fhJYu”.; HTTP DCV: “cpanel.highlinedevworks.com” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

I’m not seeing one either. Can you post a screenshot of those DNS records from the Cloudflare Dashboard?

That doesn’t show any TXT records at all. You need to add one with a Name of:
_cpanel-dcv-test-record

And a Content Value of (on one line):
_cpanel-dcv-test-record=6DSUmpgDo_WxRKgGyOCqwKEvm1szlBXdlBLUkxquIOUJAOrnBGwLSIkjXq2fhJYu

Like this? Also, do I need to add a .txt file in my pki-validation folder?

Thanks in advance

I don’t know. I don’t use cPanel. But you should at least be past the TXT file hurdle.

This has become an all day project for me at this point. I appreciate every bit of help you’re throwing my way… but I’m still getting this read out you see on the right.

However, I did notice that the string changed.
Added another TXT and the string changed again.

This is sounding like whack-a-mole. I’d try a different approach and upload a Cloudlfare Origin SSL certificate:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.