Round Robin question

Hi

I have a clone of my website on another dedicated server, I expect a large amount of traffic for a short period of time 2-3weeks. I was going to set up two A Record Addresses (IP) in the Cloudflare DNS setting to share the load. Do I need to be on a Business or Pro Plan??

Also, is this the best practice?

Thanks

May I ask if they’re synchronized somehow to have the same content, or? :thinking:

Are you planning to use Cloudflare Load Balancing feature as you have 2 origins.

Assuming they have exactly the same content you have a few options:

1. set the two DNS records, it will mostly split the traffic in half, but it’s not a guarantee.
  2. use Cloudflare Tunnel and set-up two connections of the same tunnel, more splitting and if one goes down it will be removed automatically.
  3. use Cloudflare’s LB, which is designed for this purpose. You can split by multiple ways, percentage, latency, etc. (this is paid, but not much).

All work on all plans, even free.

2 Likes

Same content - website will be static while the promotion is on.

thanks

what about? Round Robin - this is what got me started. https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/dns/glossary/round-robin-dns/

is that an option or should I just look at Load balancing

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.