Rocket Loader gets added multiple times due to tag attribute

Greetings,

To keep it short, since a short period of time, our website performance was going down; load time on specific pages increased from under 300 milliseconds to over 3 seconds. The reason seems to be the Rocket Loader script which gets added over 10 times.

I found out it’s due to a CSS tag attribute in this case that I have been experimenting with for some months:
media="print" onload="this.media='all'"

Since a while the rocket-loader.min.js script gets added to each HTML tag that has that attribute setup. In my case over 10 times when the CSS files are not merged into one:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//css.css" media="print" onload="this.media='all'" />

Is anyone able to clarify why this script suddenly gets added to each <link>-tag with that attribute combination? In the meantime I had to remove all of those attribute tags, making the load time decrease again.

Thank you for your time.

It’s because of the “onload”.

Hi @sdayman,

Thanks for your reply. Your answer makes sense. What doesn’t is that this did not happen before, those “onload” attributes have been there since february this year. We noticed the multiple rocket-loader script tags not so long ago. They have not been there before.