Reverse DNS (PTR) Problem

Whenever i send an email it drops in the recipient spam box, during the process of resolving it i saw the following on email deliverability page:

" The system sends “[birdviewgroup . com]”’s outgoing email from the “ 80.241.213.91 ” IP address. The only PTR value for this IP address must be “[mail . birdviewtravels . com]”. This is the name that this server sends with SMTP’s “HELO” command to send “[birdviewgroup . com]”’s outgoing email.** unexpected PTR value exists for this IP address:**[mail.skiibo . com] To fix this problem, contact your system administrator and request that they replace all PTR records for “ 91.213.241.80 .in-addr.arpa” with the following record at “ns1.contabo . net” and “ns2.contabo . net”:* "

This was so frustrating because I have tried so many ways to resolve it but it wasn’t working right.

I have been using Cloudflare for more than two years and I don’t have any reason for moving to another WebHost as Cloudflare is a perfect choice
I have tried to create a PTR and gave it a name and value as suggested by CPanel but it still didn’t work

Reverse DNS and PTR records barely matter these days, if at all. Every one of the big mail server providers (Office 365, Outlook, Gmail, GSuite, Yahoo, Zoho) only cares about SPF, DKIM, and DMARC being set up and passing.

See Email deliverity | DMARC records

1 Like

The main reason why i wanna resolve the PTR issue is because i noticed that my outgoing mails drops in spam box and i thought the PTR could be the reason. Is there any way you can help out??

PTR records are made/managed by the owner of the IP address space. In this case the IP address above corresponds to Contabo GmbH. I’m not sure who/what mail.skiibo . com is, but if you changed your outbound mailserver’s ehlo advertisement to mail.skiibo . com that would fix it (or convince the owner of the IP to change the PTR to mail . birdviewtravels . com)

2 Likes

Where and how am I suppose to change the outbound mail server’s to mail.skiibo.com @cscharff