Cloudflare the service gives an incorrect SLL certificate and clarify what the difficulty is?
What is your domain?
I figured it out a little. The service itself created a universal certificate, it is cut out, it does not work on several devices (it gives a message that the site is not protected). If I disable the generic certificate, the site will stop working altogether, even though the server has a normal certificate installed. How to solve this problem?
It looks like the certificate is a let’s encrypt on. I would check that the ca certificate are up-to-date on the devices throwing the error. The root Let’s encrypt certificate expired a while ago and that error will appear.
If you want to use the server. Change your DNS record to . This will disable all Cloudflare services for that hostname.
Let’s explain in more detail, apparently we do not understand each other because of the translator.
- I have an SSL certificate installed on the server.
- The site is connected to Cloudflare.
- On Cloudflare, in the SSL section, there is a full protection setting.
- If you go to the Edge Certificates section, you can see that Cloudflare has issued a universal certificate. That is, our certificate was not applied, but applied some of its own.
- If I’m in the Edge Certificates section, I’ll click the “Disable Universal SSL” button. The site stops working altogether, gives an error.
- If I turn on “Enable Universal SSL”, then the site works again, but gives the wrong SSL.
So my question is: How to make the site work and give the correct SSL?
Have you tried this guide
Useful article, but I’m very afraid of making a mess.
Do all the points of the article need to be completed or are there options listed that can help?
I didn’t understand half of the points
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.