Resolving Error 1000 on new site

Hi there,

I am a Cloudflare rookie, but I just changed my nameservers to Cloudflare and now I am getting Error 1000 when I try to access my website. I look in the DNS settings, and some are being proxied but there are two that aren’t. When I try to update to my domain, it says the record with the same settings already exists.

My website seems to be totally down at the moment. Can someone please help so I can restore the site?!

Thanks!

1 Like

Can you share a screenshot?

Where is your affected DNS record pointing?

Error 1000 is shown due to traffic pointing to a prohibited IP, such as DNS records pointing at Cloudflare IP’s.

Thanks for your response! Please see below the screenshot… there seems to be an issue with the * which I’m not sure where they are pointing to. I just updated my nameservers today and was moving my account over from a previous holder.

Yep, so the problem is those IP addresses are Cloudflare IP’s, therefore the Error 1000 is correct.

Those records should be pointing at your web server or solution providers IP. Is this a hosted site or are you using your own infrastructure?

1 Like

Cloudflare IPs are listed here: https://www.cloudflare.com/ips

And here is link with more information about 1000 error:

Please don’t share in the community your webserver IP address for your own safety.

2 Likes

The domain was bought and paid for through Netregistry. I’m using Wordpress for design.

This issue started because I could no longer access my Wordpress account. A former colleague was running the site but I’ve taken over and had to split the domain and transfer accounts.

Originally the name servers were iris.ns.cloudflare and Jim.ns.cloudflare. To activate this Cloudlfare account I was required to change that to Lloyd and Kiki. That’s when this started.

I just need to have this back online and access my Wordpress.

Hello @amy7 sorry to hear, we can’t sort out your Wordpress access, I am afraid.

When moving domain between accounts please make sure you always get the DNS records right on the new account before changing nameservers to avoid any downtime.

Do you the IP address of your web server host?

3 Likes

This issue started because I could no longer access my Wordpress account. A former colleague was running the site but I’ve taken over and had to split the domain and transfer accounts.

So I assume you accepted the suggestions of the DNS checker when you added this domain to your new account, right? For security reasons DNS checker will not show you the origin IP address from another account and will return Cloudflare IPs instead, similarly to how DNS resolves publicly for this record.

To fix this, you need to access the original Cloudflare account, export DNS records from there and import them to your new account: Importing and exporting DNS records – Cloudflare Help Center.

2 Likes

Thanks. I accepted all suggested changes on the DNS when I changed accounts. I can’t access the former account as that email address is no longer tended to (the colleague is no longer with the company).

Would my web server host be Netregistry? Netregistry have said all records are through Cloudflare and they can’t help with the situation.

Is there any way to update given these circumstances?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.