Just 1 day after I started using Cloudflare, my website became inaccessible. The setup was like this:
Cloudflare: Had MX records points to G Suite endpoints, NS records to my WordPress hosting server.
GoDaddy: Had NS to CloudFlare.
I started getting alerts saying the following on the DNS panel on Cloudflare:
An A, AAAA or CNAME record was not found pointing to the root domain. The domain will not resolve.
An A, AAAA or CNAME record was not found for the www subdomain
And then at the same time, my website was not accessible.
I tried a suggested solution on the web forums, that is to add A record pointing to my WP hosting website’s IP.
Then, I started getting “Too Many Redirects” error. The cause was that my Cloudflare configuration had SSL set to ‘flexible’ while I had a fixed SSL on the hosting server and the WP site had a force redirect from HTTP to HTTPS. The solution was to set the SSL rule under “Crypto” menu to “Full” instead of “Flexible” on top of adding A records pointing to the IP of the hosting server and CNAME of www to point to the root domain.
I hope this is helpful to someone.