Requesting Help with Setup

I thought my account was ready to roll, but there is a message in my account saying: " A few more steps are required to complete your setup. Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs that are proxied through Cloudflare. Make sure to proxy all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records to avoid exposing your origin IP."
I don’t know where to begin in figuring this out. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Can you proxy that record that is being exposed?

Thank you. I don’t know what that means, “proxy that record that is being exposed.” That’s the thing, I am not a techie, and don’t know how to proceed.

If the record is set to DNS only (which can cause this). Click on the grey cloud to proxy it through cloudflare

This warning is saying that the record isn’t “proxied”. This means that requests to your website pass through Cloudflare’s servers. Proxying gives the advantage of hiding your server IP (Helping prevent DDoSing), providing DDoS protection, security improvements and of course speed improvements.

Right now anyone requesting your site will just hit where your website is hosted. If you can proxy the records, you should

Literally what I just said

Ok. Here is a screenshot, there is only one that is not proxied. However a tech support person at my webhosting company generously helped me set my cloudfare account, and he said to leave that one as it is.

It says to change it’s proxy status, can you do that?

Changing the status of that record to proxied :orange: will prevent mails from being delivered, so your webhosting company was right to leave it unproxied :grey:. This is because Cloudflare does not proxy mail traffic - only HTTP traffic. You can read more about which ports are compatible with Cloudflare’s proxy here.

Yes that option is available.

So if I don’t change it, what about the message regarding the status of my account?
" A few more steps are required to complete your setup. Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs that are proxied through Cloudflare. Make sure to proxy all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records to avoid exposing your origin IP."

That DNS-record will expose your origin IP - nothing else will happen. Depending on why you’re using Cloudflare, that may be undesirable (e.g. if you mainly use Cloudflare for caching, not DDoS protection, then you’ll be fine). There’s nothing to do about this other than Cloudflare Spectrum, which is only available to Enterprise customers.

Ok. Still though I have the question, “Do I need to leave it as is, or change it, to have my account fully activated?”

Your account is already fully activated. I have that message as well.

Oh, ok. Great then!

I noticed that my site is still taking 7-10 seconds to load, and it’s not a heavy site. I joined cloudfare to slow the load time, but so far it doesn’t appear to be helping. Any thoughts on that? I spent three hours with my webhost yesterday and they couldn’t find anything wrong, and they suggested signing up with cloudfare to correct possible issue with dns.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.