Request to update namservers

I created a free account March 18 and set up my website. I was at that time assigned two nameservers to use.

Almost a month later (April 14) I received an email from Cloudflare that read:

“In order to get running on Cloudflare, you need to update your nameserver (NS) records to point to Cloudflare. This critical final step only takes a few minutes.” It contained two different nameservers than those previously assigned.

Until this point, my site had been operating just fine under Cloudflare with the orginal nameservers. But sure enough, today my site stopped working, until I changed to the new nameservers.

My question is: Should I expect Cloudflare to change my nameservers periodically and be prepared for this? Or was this some one-off peculiarity?

If it’s going to change periodically, I can deal with that (I am currently on a free account after all), but I’d just like to know how it’s going to be. If I’m going to get further three day warnings to change nameservers, I want to be prepared.

E.

Hi @clickassmarketing,

You shouldn’t need to change the nameservers unless you move the domain to a different account. If that’s not the case with you, I’m interested in finding out what happened.

I suspect you will need support to see why this happened, as they will be able to check your account. If you already have a ticket open, can you post the number here?

If not, to contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help. Please also post the number here.

When you do get a resolution, please follow up here with the outcome, if you can.

2 Likes

I figured out what was going on, though I’m a bit embarrassed to confess it. It seems I somehow ended up with two Cloudflare accounts AND somehow had the same domain on each. This explains the notification from Cloudflare that setup for one of them one of them was incomplete, though I have no idea how I managed this. At any rate, problem solved. Never mind!

Thanks for your reply, domjh!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.