Request for Refund for Accidental Domain Purchase

Dear Cloudflare Support Team,
I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to you with a somewhat embarrassing and unusual request. Recently, I made a purchase of a domain name through your service, but, as it turns out, I made an error in selecting the domain.

The domain I purchased is [Your Purchased Domain Name], and the transaction was completed on [Date of Purchase]. After realizing my mistake, I felt quite disheartened as this was not the domain I intended to buy. It was an honest mistake, and I am hoping for your understanding and assistance in this matter.

I understand that domain name purchases are typically final, but I am sincerely hoping that an exception can be made in this case due to the accidental nature of the purchase. The domain has not been used since its acquisition, and I am promptly reaching out to rectify this error.

Could you please guide me on the possibility of obtaining a refund or any alternative solutions you might suggest? Your help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated, as it would alleviate the stress and disappointment I am currently facing.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding. I look forward to your kind response and am hopeful for a positive resolution.

Warm regards,

No guarantees whether this will be possible but you can ask in a ticket:

To contact the Registrar Support Team, please submit a new support request from your Cloudflare account directly through the Cloudflare dashboard. Visit https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support and choose Cloudflare Registrar. Please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

Thank you for your prompt response to my previous inquiry regarding the refund for my accidental domain purchase. I appreciate your guidance on how to proceed with contacting the Registrar Support Team.

However, I am encountering some difficulty in following the instructions provided. I visited the link and attempted to navigate to the Cloudflare Registrar support section, as advised. Unfortunately, I could not locate the specific option or pathway to submit a support request regarding my issue.

It seems that the options available do not directly address my current situation, or perhaps I am overlooking the correct procedure. I am eager to resolve this matter and would greatly appreciate further assistance in navigating your support system.

Could you please offer more detailed guidance on how to reach the appropriate support channel for my refund request? Any additional steps or direct links would be highly beneficial.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I am looking forward to your response and hope to resolve this issue promptly.

Warm regards,

After clicking the link shared by @domjh , you should see this:
I don’t see how it could address your situation any more specifically.

2 Likes

Dear Cloudflare Support Team,

I have successfully located the section referred to in the link you provided. However, I am unable to proceed with the next steps in the process. Additionally, I am uncertain about where to find my ticket number for this inquiry.

Your assistance in guiding me through these steps would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your continued support.