Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects

I’m seeing a ton of these errors in my error_log (breaks added for readability):

[Wed Dec 06 13:17:52.158205 2023] [core:error] [pid 7247:tid 47778602907392] 
[client 123.45.67.89:0] 
AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. 
Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary.
Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

As you can see, the error doesn’t tell me a domain name or page that’s creating the problem :frowning:

I have 212 accounts on my server, and 72 of them are now on Cloudflare. I don’t recall this error before moving them to Cloudflare, so I’m pretty sure I did someone wrong on one of those 72 accounts.

When I google the error, the most common cause is that Cloudflare isn’t set to “Full”. I went through each account manually and verified that all of them are set correctly, though, so it must be something else.

Any suggestions on narrowing down at least which site is causing the problem?

If not, any other problem that I should look for in the Cloudflare account? … Hopefully one that I can simply use API to update all of the sites at once without having to look at each one manually?

This is an issue internal to your Apache configuration.

Unlike the circular redirecting between Cloudflare and origin that happens with SSL/TLS Flexible when the origin redirects an HTTP request from Cloudflare back to HTTPS, with the error given by the browser (each connection would be new to Apache), your error is just within Apache redirects so check there.

If the request was completed by Apache and sent to the browser, it wouldn’t reach the internal limit of 10.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.