Request a refund

Dear Cloudflare team,

I am writing to express my disappointment and frustration with your company. Recently, I purchased a domain and discovered that I cannot change the server name without an additional fee. I was disappointed to find that this information was not disclosed to me during the purchase, causing me unnecessary loss and inconvenience.

Due to the severity of this issue and its impact on my user experience, I have decided to request a refund. However, I have found that your company does not provide a window to apply for a refund, which has left me confused and frustrated. I do not know how to apply for a refund or how to contact your company to resolve this issue.

I have been very satisfied with my experience using Cloudflare so far, but this recent experience has left me feeling very unhappy. I hope that your company will take action to address this issue and provide a solution for my inconvenience. If you cannot provide a solution, please offer me a refund.

I have confidence in your services and hope that you will continue to provide excellent service to us. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Sincerely,

[Changjuan Yi]

Domain names are non-refundable:

3.1 Fees. You shall pay Cloudflare the applicable fees for the Registrar Services (“Registrar Fees”) prior to the registration or renewal of a domain. All payment obligations are non-cancellable and non-revocable, and all amounts paid are non-refundable. You agree to pay any and all prices and fees due for Registrar Services purchased or obtained from Cloudflare at the time you order the Registrar Services, unless set forth otherwise in your Enterprise Subscription Agreement Order Form or Insertion Order. You acknowledge and agree that you may be charged Value Added Tax, Goods and Services Tax, or other localized fees and/or taxes, based on your bank and/or billing address.

Well, as mentioned above, the terms clearly say that Cloudflare do not offer refunds.

That said, you can try submitting a registrar ticket here: https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support

Can you elaborate on this?

What exact “server name” is it, that you are looking to change?

And what makes you believe, that you won’t be able to do that, without an additional fee?

1 Like

Hello, I cannot change the names of the two servers to SiteGround. When I made the purchase, there was no indication that there would be a charge for changing server names. I am aware that some organizations do not charge for changing server names, and if I had known that Cloudflare would charge for this service, I would not have made the purchase. Therefore, I would like to request a refund.

Ah, so it was actually the “change of name servers” you referred to, with “changing server names”.

When I am looking in to the terms, I see this:

6.1 Nameservers. Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

7.2 nameservers

Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

Cloudflare terms clearly say that you MUST use their name servers.

Cloudflare doesn’t charge for the service, it is just not available when using Cloudflare Registrar, which is written in the terms.

If you’re not reading the terms of what you sign up for, that wouldn’t be on Cloudflare, but on you to blame.

Given the above, I personally wouldn’t expect anything at all.

2 Likes

On the other hand, if you would allow me to provide a potential solution to your issue.

Assuming that you want both yougire.com and www.yougire.com to go to SiteGround:

1. Kill all A and AAAA records you may have listed, with the name being either yougire.com or www.

2. Add two A records in Cloudflare, pointing to 35.213.159.179, like this:

1. Make sure that the Proxy status is Unproxied (:grey:) / DNS-only.

2. Show some patience, and wait (up to) those 72 hours that SiteGround ask you to.

3. Hopefully, we’re now in a state where you can use SiteGround, at the same time with Cloudflare being your both registrar and DNS provider.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.