Reporting CSAM

Hello.

I reported a site yesterday… it is a chatroom site that participants post links to video chatrooms, downloads and sites of child sexual abuse material. With my report I included usernames and passwords to access the rooms. I then had another that I couldn’t report without being allowed to right away. And now I have another.

Where should I report it to have it received by night proper Cloudflare personnel.

Thank you,
Tom

Cloudflare has no control over the content that is displayed on a website they do not host. If you feel that a site is engaging in illegal or inappropriate activities, you can submit an abuse report at Abuse approach - Cloudflare.

You will receive a confirmation email with a confirmation code in the Subject. While the Trust and Safety team will review the details of your report, that may be the only reply you receive.

You can learn more about Cloudflare’s approach to abuse here: Abuse approach - Cloudflare

You can also report the site to your relevant local authorities/police. Complaints cannot be filed via this forum.

In the case of CSAM, there are also local hotlines in most jurisdictions, such as the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and you can file reports with them.

I am referring to submitting my abuse report at Abuse approach - Cloudflare. I have two more usernames and passwords to a a site that requires such to join. As I said I couldn’t add to it right away… with that odd limit. I have been reporting other times to it as well.

I have reported to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children a great many times over the months.

This is a serious issue, so should be worthwhile.

Can you try to submit the other sites in incognito mode? Let us know here if that is not successful.

How do you report sites in incognito mode? :slight_smile: Not like that is common knowledge or at the top of ones head?.

In this case, it is the same site, but two more sets of usernames and password for the site.

1 Like

It would be great if something as important as this CAN have a more direct connection for reporting.

1 Like

You’d want to create an incognito tab and then navigate to the abuse reporting page.

Failing that, can you create an account ticket using the account you are using here, reference the ticket number generated from the first abuse report and add the additional details. Then, please share your ticket number here and I’ll ask my colleagues in Support to escalate it to the Trust & Safety team.

You can open an Account ticket here, https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support

Agree. On the ticket you open I’ll also let the Trust & Safety team know about the issue you were encountering submitting mulitple reports, that ought not be the way it works (as that’s not really working).

1 Like

Hello.

I didn’t use incognito mode apparently because enough time has passed. Strange block for when there are reasons to report issues no matter the level of importance.

I forgot the other username and password in this second report. Shouldn’t be any reason you can pass it along as you are the two account tickets…

They are username 8x8rooms and password lilslits

Thank you cloonan,
Tom

1 Like

What are the ticket numbers? I can see customer Support tickets, but only the Trust & Safety team members can see abuse report tickets.

I guess I don’t get them.

You did not get a confirmation via email for the submissions?

If not, let’s go a different route and sorry for the issues.

I can escalate Support tickets to the Trust & Safety team if you can create an account ticket. Sorry to have you repeat the details you submitted earlier but if you can submit an Account ticket, I will escalate that to the Trust & Safety team. You may also want to mention not being able to submit multiple reports without having to wait.

Once you have a Support ticket number, please share your ticket number here. You can open an Account ticket here, https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support

I received this message after it didn’t even go through. I put the URL in appropriate field and that section are the usernames and password that access the chatrooms:

We’re sorry, but your email message to [“incoming+04f59c801c1c579e1eeb16c158668e0b@cloudflare.discoursemail.com”] (titled Re: [Cloudflare Community] [Website, Application, Performance/Security] Reporting CSAM) didn’t work.

Reason:

Sorry, you can’t include links in your post. To share a link, click the pre-formatted text option which will add back ticks characters to the url. backtick example

If you can correct the problem, please try again.

If you put a tick mark ` in front of the url and after the url it won’t be treated as a link.

https://www.example.com as example

Here is a picture of composing that
Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 5.43.38 PM

Apparently using “:” is causing it to “think” they are web addresses, but it doesn’t matter until the time expires to be able to report again.

Sure I saw that, but as I said without the colons all the regular text should go through like normal.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.