Reinstation

Hi I’m on Cloudflare free. stupid me tried to re-do all my records to make sure they were correct. in that process I managed to screw everything up and in a quick rush to find a button deleted my domain. the email for deletion I got said to email “If you are a Cloudflare account holder, please submit a new support request from the email address you used to register your Cloudflare account. You should open a ticket directly through the Cloudflare dashboard following these steps: 1. Log in to your Cloudflare account and click on “Support” in the top right corner, from the drop down select Help Center. 2. Click on your name in the top right corner, and in the drop down menu select “My activities” where you will see your existing requests. 3. Scroll to the bottom of the “My Requests” page and click “Submit a request”.” but that got me nowhere at all other than the bot telling me to go here. is it possible for someone at Cloudflare to reinstate my domain as the email said and if possible to an earlier backup or one from yesterday. Cheers!

You can do that yourself, login to dash.cloudflare.com and select +Add a domain.

If you get an error it may be because your nameservers are at Cloudflare and if so, you’ll need to switch those back to the default from your registrar, wait until the propagate, and then add the domain.

Actually your nameserver no longer point to cf, they are kindof a mix, but your registrar can assist you if you are unable to add the zone back.

hi there. i have switched back to my hosts dns for the time being. Is there any way to get back to a backup of sorts from when i did not screw up everything (ie yesterday or earlier today)

There is nothing automated unless you happened to backup your dns records, if not, the audit log is the best option. It looks like this just happened a bit ago and I’ve seen zones re-added immediately after deletion that did not lose their records.

ok thanks for all your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.