Registrar Dash Ticket - I need to point nameservers to "ns7.truehostdns.com, ns8.truehostdns.com

I have domain through Cloudflare and need to point to my host to:

ns7.truehostdns.com
ns8.truehostdns.com

I just can’t seem to find how to make this work. My website has been down for few days and would like some help.

Is there any tutorial on this and how to handle this inside DNS management? I never had this issue before i think, and the strange thing is I did not change any settings inside Cloudflare recently either.

I just found the ip for these name servers and added these details in DNS. Do you think this is it?

Thanks

If the domain name is registered at Cloudflare Registrar, unfortunately, currently you cannot change the nameservers if you use Cloudflare as a domain registrar. Currently, Cloudflare Registrar only lets you use Cloudflare name servers.

Are you sure? So one cannot point to a hosting provider? that doesn’t sound right. I have had no issues since I created my account in 2018/2019. Why did this suddenly happen.

1 Like

Yes I am sure with nameservers Cloudflare do not allow to use other nameservers .

However who’s your web Host ?

Thanks Neeraj001. Web host is mytruehost, and that’s been the setup since i started with Cloudflare and never had issues before.
My email is working, but not my website.

Ok please be patient while any other Person to respond . We try to respond as quickly as possible .

1 Like

Cloudflare Registrar doesn’t let you use third party name servers…yet. (ToS 7.2)

Here’s Something can help you

7.2 nameservers
Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

Here’s a Post is related to your issue

1 Like

Thanks. I am not sure what my options are now. The strange thing is that it’s been working for the last few years. what’s the workaround? there has to be something because it was working before?

1 Like

You have to use Cloudflare for DNS so you just need to get a list of DNS records from your host and add them instead of changing nameservers.

3 Likes

Thanks, was able to get it working using DNS.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.