Registrar Dash Ticket - I need to change my name servers

Hello, I just brought over my domains to Cloudflare. They were previously with Hostgator but the nameservers were still with Cloudflare. At the same time I just bought a new hosting package with Bluehost and now need to move my nameservers to:ns1.bluehost.com162.159.24.80 and ns2.bluehost.com162.159.25.175. I am pretty new to all of this stuff and could use some step by step directions. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Betty

So you have a domain registered from “x” domain provider & then used HostGator & enabled Cloudflare & now you want to use Bluehost then ,

Here’s a file from Bluehost about connecting Cloudflare

If the domain name is registered at Cloudflare Registrar, unfortunately, currently you cannot change the nameservers if you use Cloudflare as a domain registrar. Currently, Cloudflare Registrar only lets you use Cloudflare name servers.

Revert back , If this doesn’t work :grin:

You don’t need to move your nameservers to Blue Host unless you want to. Thousands of websites using their service behind Cloudflare.

2 Likes

How is this done? Bluehost is telling me that in order for things to go smoothly that I need to move my nameservers over to them. This is because my previous hosting service, Hostgator stopped hosting my website more than a week before my package expired. I have since uploaded the files from my website to Bluehost and contacted Hostgator to have them host my site until the actual expiration date, they have done this but the site is still showing that it is being hosted by Hostgator even after creating an A file pointing to Bluehost within Cloudflare. It is because of this that Bluehost advised me to move my nameservers over to them to prevent any issues with my site going down when the hosting package expires with Hostgator. If you can offer step by step directions for any solutions you may have it would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.