Regarding TOS violation

Today I received an email that my web property is in violation of Section 2.8 of Cloudflare’s Terms of Service and they have temporarily stopped serving some of the traffic at issue.

Now, all of the mp4 videos on my website are redirecting to https://www.cloudflare-terms-of-service-abuse.com/streaming.mp4

I am not caching video files then why did this happen?

Best thing to do is open a ticket with Cloudflare Support from the dashboard. I’m assuming you have a ton of videos and basically no HTML content which per 2.8 Use of the Services for serving video or a disproportionate percentage of pictures, audio files, or other non-HTML content is prohibited, unless purchased separately as part of a Paid Service or expressly allowed under our Supplemental Terms for a specific Service.

Whether or not you are caching the video is not the issue, you are delivering video through the CF network in violation of the TOS. You need to deliver video through a separate hostname which is :grey:, or have a commercial agreement to deliver video.

2 Likes

This would expose the IP address through the DNS records?

Yes, it would.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.