Hi, I have a kinda unique situation that I am trying to get working. I have my website www.thinkenvy.com and this is my landing page. Then, any links with slugs, I have go through a link shortener, so I can easily manage the links, instead of making new webpages for each one (I have links going to things like Notion pages).
So, as of now, here is my DNS setup, where:
- I have my www going to the hosting provider (this is the way they need it set up, I am using SwipePages).
- I have my shortlink provider using the subdomain “link”
I have a few page rules set up, but when I try to use them, they either half work or they get caught in a re-direct loop. What I mean is, when I have the rules set, theoretically, when I try to go to “www.thinkenvy.com/actors” or “thinkenvy.com/actors” - either should forward to “link.thinkenvy.com/ actors”. On my shortlink provider’s website, I have it set so if there is no shortlink available, it goes to www.thinkenvy.com
The problem that I am experiencing is that with my current setup:
- When I go to thinkenvy.com, it works correctly, it forwards to the www.thinkenvy.com
- When I go to thinkenvy.com/actors, it works correctly and goes to link.thinkenvy.com/ $1
- But, when I try to go to www.thinkenvy.com/actors, it does not work and gives me a redirect loop or messes everything up and nothing works.
Any advice would be great. All I want is for:
- both www.thinkenvy.com and thinkenvy.com to go to www.thinkenvy.com
- for both thinkenvy.com /* and www.thinkenvy.com/* to go to link.thinkenvy.com /$1
Thanks in advance!