Redirection error

Hello, I am quite a beginner when it comes to Cloudflare and DNS. I have now “transferred” the DNS configuration for my new website to Cloudflare. Since then I get the following error when I call the domain:

Error: Redirection error
An error occurred while connecting to www.alexeuler-coaching.de.
This problem can sometimes occur when cookies are disabled or refused.

Is this normal within the up to 48h until the internet knows where to look?

Generally I got the confirmation that Cloudflare is active. The denic whois query shows the two Cloudflare name servers.

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you’re experiencing an issue with redirect loops.

More information why and how they happen here:

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

1 Like

Hi fritex, thanks for your quick help. I had also previously configured the website with my hosting provider to be accessed via https. I have not yet been in the SSL/TLS tab, because I had thought about whether the error message is displayed due to the DNS / nameserver move. After I changed the encryption mode from Flexible to Full, the website can be accessed directly.

Full is still insecure. As @fritex wrote, it should be Full Strict.

1 Like

Thank you for recommending the “full strict” mode again. I had the setting today at noon initially just want to quickly test whether my website works again. Now I have adjusted the mode as recommended by you both. Was not sure at first, because here “trusted CA or a Cloudflare Origin CA certificate” is required and I was not sure if I meet that.

That is correct, but these are the only secure certificates.

Sorry that I then ask again so stupid. Since my website continues to work after the change, I can assume that I have a secure certificate configured here in Cloudflare and also at my web host?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.