Redirecting www.subdomain.domain.com to subdomain.domain.com

I’m trying to redirect www.subdomain.domain.com to subdomain.domain.com but without any luck.

How do I make this happen?

I have tried:

• Adding a 301 page rule of www.*domain.com/* with a forwarding URL of https://$1domain.com/$2
  • When the above didn’t work I also tried adding a CNAME of www.subdomain.domain.com to point to domain.com, without success

P.s.

• I’ve seen a couple of other similar posts around here but no real solutions.
  • I can confirm my DNS is successfully running through Cloudflare otherwise, and currently www.domain.com forwards to domain.com just fine with the above page rule
  • subdomain.domain.com works fine on its own but www.subdomain.domain.com hangs, resolving in a ’ took too long to respond’ error

Because Cloudflare’s default certificates don’t cover ‘www’ (or anything else) in front of a subdomain, you have two choices:

1. Make that DNS entry :grey: (DNS Only) and do the redirect at the server.
  2. Order an Advanced Certificate and use a Page Rule for that :orange: sub-subdomain.

OK, thank you @sdayman :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.