Redirecting Site to Etsy

Hey community, ive been using cloudflare for years to speed up and protect our companies wordpress website. Now we want to use Etsy’s managed website builder instead so that it keeps all of our inventory in sync, so I am trying to get our domain pointed to Etsy while leaving the other settings since we use Gmail for company email.

Etsy guide requests us to add an A record 130.211.40.170, then set up a CNAME record (www.) that points to patternbyetsy.com

I did this now 3 days ago, so that the only records on my dashboard for A and CNAME are whats above, but I keep getting an error message on Etsy saying that the domain isnt going to the right address. “It looks like your domain isn’t set up properly. It is currently trying to go to 104.21.60.153 and should be going to 130.211.40.170.”

Etsy’s support team said that I should try reaching out to the Cloudflare side for suggestions, so I am starting here before sending a support ticket.

Thank you so much for the help!!

Why Wait
Don’t wait for an answer, find it fast! Search for #CommunityTip error:
Example: #CommunityTip 521

Test Before You Post
Unsure of the issue? Test before posting using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center: Diagnostic Center | Check SSL and Test Website Security | Cloudflare

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 8.55.52 AM

It looks like they don’t want you to proxy those connections. Click on the :orange: to toggle them to :grey: DNS Only, then wait five minutes for it to take effect.

Thank you, that worked! MVP!

However, now when i go to my site the browser says its unsecured. Happens on computer (chrome) as well as iphone.

I still have the SSL set to Strict in cloudflare. Is this a Etsy issue or another setting I need to change?

That’s an Etsy issue. If they won’t let you proxy through Cloudflare, then all connections go straight to them and they need properly configured SSL/TLS.

Thank you so much for the help, I sent them a support message!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.