Redirecting All Subdomain Pages to a New Main Domain Landing Page

I’m having some trouble trying to redirect a subdomain that I’m no longer using over to a specific landing page on my main domain. Here’s what I’m dealing with:

Current Setup:

sub.mydomain.com/page1
sub.mydomain.com/page2
sub.mydomain.com/page3

Desired Redirect Target:

mydomain.com/newpage

I’ve attempted setting this up using Page Rules and Redirect rules, but I haven’t had any luck. After some digging, I discovered that Page Rules won’t work unless the domain is proxied. So, I added the subdomain to my DNS settings, but I’m pretty sure this is where I’m messing things up. I’ve been following various tutorials and community posts, trying different “content” values like 8.8.8.8, among others, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone here faced a similar issue or could point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you show a screenshot of the redirect rule or page rule you have set?

If there is a record, usually anything will work, but a value of A 192.0.2.1 or AAAA 100:: are recommended as dummy values when doing redirects as if the redirect is disable for some reason, the request won’t go anywhere. The record must be proxied.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.