Redirect domain A to domain B

I for the life of me cannot understand domain forwarding/redirects in Cloudflare. I have a site built on domain A. I have Domain B that I want to send people to Domain A. So if you go to domainB(dot)com/anything you are redirected to domainA(dot)com/anything. I have a redirect rule with 301 setup and it does not work. Domain B is unresponsive. There are no DNS records, only this rule. Help! Please! I’m at a loss and want to avoid GoDaddy forwarding.

That’s your problem. You need to have a DNS record for the domain you are redirecting from or the request can’t be resolved. Create a dummy proxied record for the domain/subdomains as A 192.0.2.1 or AAAA 100::.

2 Likes

Got it. Trying that now. Thank you!

Nothing yet. Maybe it just needs more time to resolve? I entered in an A record @ and the dummy IP proxied. The redirect rule is setup as all incoming traffic, static, the domain i want it to go to, and status 301. Am I missing something else?

What is the domain?

pathwaylearn(dot)org redirected to pathwaylending(dot)org

It is redirecting ok. Your browser may have cached your previous non-working setup so try clearing your browser cache or using private/incognito mode.

https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?8bc2185730e349ac96cebb706cdca69d#connection-server

2 Likes

Outstanding. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.