Redirect a folder to another server

I understand how you can redirect domain.com and blog.domain.com to different IP addresses. But is there a way to redirect a folder to another server? I want to host my blog on domain.com/blog/ (and not blog.domain.com) and wondering if there is a way to redirect this folder to a different server.

I assume you are referring to page rules. With these you never redirect based on hosts but based on URLs. These can be / like in your first example or also /blog or even /hello/i/am/a/very/deep/path. It all comes down to your page rule pattern.

If you post the domain and the actual URLs it will be easier to provide a concrete example.

Thank you Sandro. I was referring to the DNS path. Currently I have two ‘A’ records

example.com points to 192.65.XXXX
www points to 192.65.XXXX

Likewise, I can also create a blog that points to the other server where my blog is hosted. But I am wondering if I need the blog to be a folder and not a subdomain, how I can get that done.

Is that possible with DNS? Or should I go for PageRules. I see PageRules do have a forwarding URL option, but I am not sure if that’s ideal since I want the URLs to still read 'example.com/blog/

Redirects of that sort generally cant be achieved via DNS.

Whether you want blog host or a blog directory is fully up to you. You simply need to configure it properly on your server.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.