Receiving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. All known DNS records added

I’m currently running into an issue accessing my wp site/admin console after setting my domain up with Cloudflare.

I’m hosting my site on Google Cloud Platform with my DNS settings shown as so:

I’ve added the Cloudflare name servers to my Google Domains account for this domain as well:
Imgur

I’m not seeing anything I haven’t added other than the NS and SOA records in my Cloudflare DNS app:
Imgur

With all this set up, I’m still getting the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error.

Have I missed something somewhere? I’ve done this before with relatively no issue and similar topics point to resolutions I feel like I’ve covered already. Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi @MDew87,

Your site loads OK on my end and seems to be correctly configured with Cloudflare.

I suspect it is a caching issue on your end, you can either wait for it to clear, try to flush it manually or post the output of the following commands here to verify.

nslookup michaellamonte.com
ping michaellamonte.com
nslookup www.michaellamonte.com
ping www.michaellamonte.com

2 Likes

@domjh

nslookup www.michaellamonte.com
Server: 169.254.169.254
Address: 169.254.169.254#53
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.michaellamonte.com
Address: 104.27.166.49
Name: www.michaellamonte.com
Address: 104.27.167.49
[email protected]:~$ nslookup michaellamonte.com
Server: 169.254.169.254
Address: 169.254.169.254#53
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: michaellamonte.com
Address: 104.27.166.49
Name: michaellamonte.com
Address: 104.27.167.49

Both ping commands returns several lines seeminly with no end.

Turns out my work VPN was blocking it the whole time. Feeling like a total doof lol.

Many thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know you’ve got it sorted, no problem!

@MDew87, one other thing, your server certificate has expired a month ago. You might want to renew that, as otherwise you cannot use “Full strict” on Cloudflare but only the less secure “Full”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.