Receiving 524 and timing out after 110 seconds

Hi Community,

So I am trying to run an import for tv shows with the tmdb api but I keep receiving 524 error and it times out after 110 seconds, anyone know a fix for this?

Thank you :slight_smile:

If the origin server does not return an HTTP response within 100 seconds, Cloudflare will close the connection and return a 524 error. Only Enterprise zones can increase this limit.

You will either need to use a subdomain set to “DNS only” so requests don’t use Cloudflare, or change how you handle long-running tasks so they return within 100 seconds.

Thank you for the reply :slight_smile:

As I am quite a beginner, if I just switch the A record with the ip and domain of the site to dns-only, then the proxy should be removed and timeout gone? Or do I need to un-proxy other record aswell?

Thank you

You can just switch off the proxy for the site with the problem. All requests will go direct to the origin server, not through Cloudflare, so Cloudflare’s timeout won’t happen but there may be timeouts set on your server.

Also note that no Cloudflare features can be applied to that hostname when it is set to “DNS only”.

Okay thank you,

the process is manual import so I guess I will just do it when I want to import and then switch it back on.

Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.