Real hosting

I need help, a fake website is using my social network name, logos and pointing to my email address as a contact.
I did a search on the domain “telinhaonline.com” in which it is registered by Reg-123 and when contacting them they asked to contact Cloudflare to ask for help in identifying the real hosting provider as the site uses the DNS service Cloudflare.
How to proceed in this case?

Cloudflare has no control over the content that is displayed on a website we do not host. If you feel that a site is engaging in illegal or inappropriate activities, you can submit an abuse report at cloudflare.com/abuse.

You will receive a confirmation email with a confirmation code in the Subject. While the Trust and Safety team will review the details of your report, that may be the only reply you receive.

You can also report the site to your relevant local authorities. Complaints cannot be filed via this forum.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Where is this site hosted?

The problem now is to find out where this site is hosted, as for Wordpress I filled out the abuse form and even accused that it is not Wordpress.
We know the domain is registered by Reg-123 and the proxy path is being done by Cloudflare

A few days ago I sent a complaint through the link above and so far there is no solution after I received confirmation of receipt of the message.

I hope you understand that Cloudflare won’t so easily hand over customer information when requested. Trust and Safety, and they alone, make those decisions. I’m afriad there is absolutely nothing the Community can do to move this process in any direction.

3 Likes

Not really; if the site is behind a hosting that ignores abuse reports, you cannot do much. You might go down the legal route or spend a bizarre amount of money on a DRM to protect your images and overall content.

If neither legal nor DRM are an option - which is expected considering that both options are pretty expensive - your best bet is reaching out to Google and other search engines to report the websites as phishing, etc.

Ultimately you could try and see if registering a trademark is worth it; in some scenarios, you might be able to “seize” domains that violate your property.

At the end of the day, none of the options I presented is linked with Cloudflare; there isn’t much we can do to help you other than understanding the frustration you are going through.

3 Likes

After a few days, I just received an answer from Cloudflare, below:

"
Cloudflare received your copyright infringement complaint regarding:
telinhaonline.com

Please be aware Cloudflare is a network provider offering a reverse proxy, pass-through security service. We are not a hosting provider. Cloudflare does not control the content of our customers.

Accepted URL(s) on telinhaonline.com:
https://telinhaonline.com/
Telinha Online - Assista Novelas Online
Assistir online As melhores novelas mexicanas da Tv na íntegra só aqui!
telinhaonline.com

Hosting Provider:
    -----------------

SPECTRAIP SpectraIP B.V., NL

Abuse Contact:
    --------------

[email protected]

We have notified our customer of your report. We have forwarded your report on to the responsible hosting provider.
You may also direct your report to:

1. The provider where telinhaonline.com is hosted (provided above);
  2. The owner listed in the WHOIS record for telinhaonline.com and/or;
  3. The contact listed on the telinhaonline.com site.

Note: A lookup of the IP for a Cloudflare customer website will show Cloudflare IPs because we are a pass-through network. The actual website is still hosted at the hosting provider indicated above. If the hosting provider has any questions, please have the hosting provider contact us directly regarding this site. Due to attempted abuse of our complaint reporting process, we will only provide the IP of telinhaonline.com to the responsible hosting provider if they contact us directly at [email protected].

Regards,

Cloudflare Abuse
"

I will now try to contact the email from the hosting provider passed by Cloudflare

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.