Readded my website, need name server change from Cloudflare to Cloudflare

Hello,

I have readded my website to Cloudflare. Before that, I used the name servers

cody.ns.cloudflare.com
diva.ns.cloudflare.com

Now Cloudflare wants me to upgrade my name servers to

journey.ns.cloudflare.com
toby.ns.cloudflare.com

I have my website Domain at Cloudflare Registrar. So I can not change the name servers in the settings. Since they are not third party name server, can any helpful member here change them?

Edit: But if a name server change is not possible, someone can edit this so that I can stay with my old name servers from Cloudflare?

Hi @thisisgreat,

If you had a domain with Cloudflare Registrar which you removed and re-added, I expect you will need support to re-activate this, either with the new nameservers or allowing the old ones to be used.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

It is theoretically possible to change the nameservers using the API, but I would recommend getting support to do it to ensure the domain works as expected and you don’t fall foul of any terms.
https://api.cloudflare.com/#registrar-domains-properties

Hi @thisisgreat ,

Cloudflare nameservers are automatically updated on domains when their transfer is completed.

If the domains are re-added to the same account where they were active, the nameservers should not change and just re-adding them should work.

You should not need to use the API to change the nameservers. If you use the API to change them to others than the ones that were assigned to you, it will be a non supported configuration.

If the nameservers are not the ones that were assigned to you when the domain was transferred please submit a ticket with Cloudflare Support so we can help you.

Thanks @domjh and @salvador ,

I contacted the support team and they forwarded it to the Cloudflare registrar team. Now the nameservers are updated to the newer ones and working fine.