Re: Flexible SSL (Free Plan) "requests" over 10,000

I’m currently evaluating the free flexible SSL offering and it says up to 10,000 successful requests are free and it’s 5 cents for the next 10,000.

I looked at my analytics page and I have 186,243 total requests, 56,609 cached requests and 129.634 uncached requests. (past 24 hours)

The site is still up and I haven’t entered any sort of credit card information. Shouldn’t something kick in as I went over 10,000+?

Also, does viewing 1 URL page = exactly 1 request? What if there are images and other resources (to my own server) linked on that page? These limits are per month right?

All very confusing. Can someone explain please?

Victor

Where are you seeing this information? We don’t charge per request.

Under cloudflare pricing

“First 10,000 good requests are free and $0.05 per 10,000 good requests thereafter”

Expand the “security” details section. Also under the performance section it says:

First 500k DNS requests are free.

$.50 per every 500k DNS requests after.

So is this false as well?

Victor

First 500k DNS requests are free.
$.50 per every 500k DNS requests after.

That’s for load-balancing. Which you probably aren’t using.

First 10,000 good requests are free and $0.05 per 10,000 good requests thereafter

That’s for rate-limiting. Which you probably aren’t using.

Unless you want the kind of stuff big sites may need - like rate-limiting, load-balancing, dedicated SSL certs, Argo smart routing, multi-user site Access controls etc. then Cloudflare would be free to use no matter what the load even on the free tier. If you’re site became MASSIVELY popular you might get a call from Cloudflare asking if you’d to move onto a paid plan but otherwise you’re good.

@saul is right on. Those are advanced features that are charged on a usage basis. Very few features are charged this way, they are optional, and basic SSL is not one of them.

There can be a monthly charge if you want a dedicated or customized SSL :cert:, but not for basic SSL support.

You can see that, and all the other usage based features, if you scroll further down the page.