Random short deactivations of DNS Proxy

Hello,

through today we have experienced a random deactivation of DNS Proxy (orange cloud) for several minutes. The settings were never touched, nor was the service deactivated and it never showed as deactivated in the domain DNS settings. This has happened across several domains and several accounts - all today.

Because we’re always using Full (Strict) SSL policy, this means that whenever CloudFlare decided to stop being the middle-man, the visitors would end up connected directly to our server and receive untrusted certificate warnings.

The issue mirrors experience of the following user:

What can we do? I don’t see any direct support contact options in our accounts - just this forum and help pages…

No relevant CloudFlare services are reported as being offline or not working in our area. The problem persists for several minutes and then magically disappears - yet that means that many website visitors can hit the issue and contact us about it.

This sounds like a very unusual event, certainly one I have never come across.

The first place to look is the Audit logs.

If there is nothing in there that matches, I would open a support case, and post the case reference here.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.