Random rambling

yeah my mail does not work either and the error message is ‘error’ no help… here is something… My mail worked before, and now it does not work, I get a checking…and a ERROR… that’s it. so one area saying the mail will work fine really is not helping my BROKEN MAIL get delivered. I really liked being logged into my Cloudflare account… and wanting to post or reply…as I did… only to be told I have to …get an email… (from that broken MX ) and confirm… LOL… Say…quick question…you see that as trouble?.. So I had to change my nameservers back and wait for the propagation and Volia… MY MAIL made it… So let me go out on a limb and say… your mail MX… does not work…

:wave: @addme,

The error message is received where? Is this an email client? An email server? The Cloudflare DNS management UI?

“a checking…” would lead me to believe this is an email client related issue, but you haven’t provided any details on the operating system, email client or domain so it would be hard to tell for sure.

However, let’s assume it is an email client. Cloudflare proxies http/https traffic. Many email clients check mail using POP3 or IMAP. Those ports are not proxied by Cloudflare, so the records for those hosts should not be :orange:, but should instead be :grey: in the DNS control panel.

That is certainly one possibility, but given the limited data you and OP have provided it isn’t possible to say.

-OG

sandro, other than ‘error’ …nothing, I open my mail client and my accounts get checked but any mail from this web address never gets to me, all I get is ‘checking’ from my mail client as it checks the mail and hangs after a min or two I get a error triangle …that’s it. no explanation. I changed my nameservers back from your nameservers and my mail started working. and I got all my undelivered mail. the bad part is there is very little help or info on setting this up or what to do if it fails.

Perhaps… though there is a known issue with trying to update Mx records in a mobile browser and @frederickfleminginno reported:

Like your report his was unclear. However I took my best shot at a helpful guess despite his “violently upset” comment.

He doesn’t have an Mx record at the moment. So I guess that’s accurate?

dig currency-currently.com mx

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> currency-currently.com mx
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 24210
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;currency-currently.com. IN MX

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
currency-currently.com. 1799 IN SOA alexis.ns.Cloudflare.com. dns.Cloudflare.com. 2029730181 10000 2400 604800 3600

;; Query time: 62 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Mon Dec 24 15:52:33 2018
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 101

You might try the link below which echos my comment to have mail related entries :grey:.

-OG

so where do you get mail error messages… I get mine in my email client.

lol… I managed 1.2 million mailboxes for ~= 500 companies. The number of possible places an email related error could be encountered it pretty large, but what do I know… I’m just a pug.

It doesn’t look like your website had MX records set up, so if possible could you make sure you have MX records showing up in the DNS tab of the dashboard? A MX record looks like this

(the values will likely be different)

@addme

Please calm down, stop swearing and getting annoyed here. This is a community forum for Cloudflare users to help each other. The people trying to help are giving up their own time to help other people solve their issues. Getting stressy and irritated with community members is not going to help the situation and makes people like me less inclined to help.

Glad @OliverGrant and @Judge are still willing to help!

2 Likes