Random 520 Errors since few days

From the last week, we are getting random 520 errors on many of our websites hosted with Cloudflare. There have been no changes in our server.

We tried everything mentioned in the community forums and also raised a support ticket. It was closed within a few minutes by Cloudflare.

This is definitely a CF issue with so many users complaining.

Is anyone able to resolve this?

Hey, here’s some information about what’s going on:

Apparently, these random 520 errors are a problem of cloudflare itself. Since the last week, many users (myself included) have been posting here on the forum to talk about it, and coincidentally, all are happening under similar circumstances. And yes, it started early last week.

There are reports here on the forum that this issue is only happening with cloudflare free plans. A user has already reported that he tested some sites that were having problems, but within a pro plan, and the errors had simply disappeared. Another user recently posted here that when switching to pro, the problems were gone.

One of the moderators even commented in my thread I made about the 520 error (and other people’s as well) that due to the number of reports of the 520 error under similar circumstances, they would be escalating the issue to support.

1 Like

Interesting. I’m also on a free plan and had this happening since Saturday night, but weirdly it’s only one of my sites that seems to be affected (that I can tell).

I’ve just been through every option for this site and turned every one off, and it is still happening. I’ll give it another 30 minutes or so for any client-side caching to refresh, but I’m not hopeful.

My last option will be to remove the site from CF and re-add it, but even then I don’t know if, or why, that will fix it.

So as part of https://community.cloudflare.com/t/random-520-errors/ we fixed an issue with origins silently ending a keepalive connection that was causing very rare 520 errors.

Thus we recommend testing again - if you still see 520s - make sure you follow the guidance in our community tip here:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.