Questions about Trusted Level 3 (Regular)

Hello, Cloudflare Community! I have a few questions about Trusted Level 3 (Regular)! I’m requesting a response from anyone with a Trusted Level 3 or higher

1. “If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days” What does that mean? Are you saying if I’m offline one day I’ll lose Trusted Level 3?
  2. After the 2 week grace period is it possible to be constantly promoted/demoted?
  3. If you lose Trusted Level 3, do you receive a PM from discobot?
  4. “Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)” Do off-topic posts or posts flagged for moderator attention count towards the 5 flag limit or not?
  5. I know this isn’t related to trusted level 3 but if I get suspended or silenced, how will I know if I have been suspended or silenced and what’s the difference between being silenced and being suspended?

Remember that I’m requesting a reply from people with Trusted Level 3 or higher I will be checking the trust level of anyone who replies to ensure that they know what they’re talking about!

@sandro Before you bother making this topic unlisted I noticed you for a good reason! I’ve noticed that you’ve typed a reply twice but never sent it! I’m notifying you because maybe you didn’t quite finish your reply?

I am not quite sure what you are hinting at nor whether I appreciate your tone.

Yes, I wrote something twice and twice I decided against posting it.

1 Like

Sorry

Oh, ok! I understand that! But why did you decide against posting it?

If you want you can answer my questions, that is if you want to

The trust levels here on the forum are heavily customised and do not necessarily reflect any default settings you might have found somewhere. That also means that you won’t necessarily be promoted to TL3 if you reach some of those defaults. And no, the exact details are not publicly available. And yes, a higher number of flags can certainly affect a possible promotion or delay it.

In short, you will reach TL3 whenever you do and until then I would not put too much thought into it and focus on making sure your responses are of high quality and each fit into their threads overall.

6 Likes

No idea on discourse Trust levels as I’ve never paid attention to them myself. But quick google has some info Understanding Discourse Trust Levels | Blog not sure if it’s changed since that was posted and well CF staff/admins can also change this to operate differently anyway. So wouldn’t even bother worrying about it at all.

Admins can change these thresholds by searching for TL3 in site settings.

Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status . If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

@sandro @eva2000 The following questions still need to be answered

• If you lose Trusted Level 3, do you receive a PM from discobot?
  • “Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)” Do off-topic posts or posts flagged for moderator attention count towards the 5 flag limit or not?
  • I know this isn’t related to trusted level 3 but if I get suspended or silenced, how will I know if I have been suspended or silenced and what’s the difference between being silenced and being suspended?

If any of the questions contain details that aren’t publicly available just say they aren’t pubicly available or reply in a PM!

I hope to have these answered as soon as possible! Thanks!

I believe @eva2000 addressed them, but again, I would not put too much thought in that in the first place.

And yes, I did address your question about flags, please refer to my earlier response. You want and avoid getting your responses flagged, hence why I pointed out the quality of responses.

Ok, gotcha!

What? You’re not interested in internet points? Who are you?

1 Like

LOL. I’ve been dealing with forum communities as both an administrator/moderator, owner and server admin for over two decades now. The lesson learnt is quality of posts beats quantity of posts any day :wink: :smiley:

5 Likes

Here, have an internet point in the shape of a :heart:.

4 Likes