[Question] Setting up redirect for VPS

Hey,
so recently I changed my registrars and I’ve moved from Ionos over to Namecheap for some reasons,
I am currently trying to setup all my website stuff again, however I am unsure on how I would do redirecting through cloudflare for a VPS that shows the domain name over the IP address for the website.

Before all I had to do was just redirect and that was it however this time it seems like it needs a little more finesse, I am unsure on how I would get it the way I’ve had it before but under cloudflares DNS servers. I’ve got the DNS servers set and they’re working. Just unsure how to actually redirect and keep domain over IP. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
~Jordan

If all you changed was the domain registrar, then all you’d have to do would be to set the Cloudflare name servers in your account there.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to redirect from and to, but Cloudflare is really just DNS that points to the correct site. Make sure your DNS records here use the correct IP address and that’s all you need to do here.

If you’re seeing an IP address in the address bar of your browser, then that server is not properly configured for your domain name.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.